Engagement Director (Marketing/Advertising)
Retina is a multi-award-winning global advertising, marketing communications and technology services company — and both 2020 & 2021 ANA B2B Agency of the Year and The Drum’s 2020 Martech Agency of the Year. Our aim is to enable our clients, empower our teams to grow professionally, and always push boundaries.
We are seeking a dynamic Senior Engagement Director to join our expanding global team to help coordinate and grow our creative, marketing, and technology capabilities globally.
If you thrive on managing client relationships and expectations, leading teams of account services colleagues, facilitating the delivery of complex projects on time and on budget, and participating in the creative process, we want to hear from you! In this crucial role you’ll also become an expert on your clients’ business models and work closely with our creative, web development, and media teams to identify all current or future strategic, marketing, and technology opportunities for the agency.
Who we’re looking for:
- A reliable team player and fierce collaborator
- A motivated and motivating leader with an executive presence, who is both a steward of the agency and your clients
- A quick-thinking, agile, strategic mindset able to anticipate needs, respond to feedback, or change course with grace and positivity
- An ability to ‘go deep’ on a project or client request to fully understand what’s involved, what we need to do, and how we get there
- A willingness to do more than say ‘Yes’ or ‘No’, but instead challenge uncertainties, gain clarity, and deliver beyond expectations
- A passion for fantastic creative work and an ability to articulate why you like an idea, or how it could be even better
- An interest in marketing technologies and digital transformation
- A clarity of thought and assertive energy to see complex and time-sensitive projects to fruition
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing, retaining and growing a portfolio of client engagements – acting as both the client’s strategic partner and the agency’s primary business representative,
- Ensuring an outstanding client service experience is delivered and agency revenue goals are met – facilitating engagements with clients (existing or new business) – through the development of pitches/proposals, scopes of work, and quarterly strategic reviews
- Scoping for and delivering future-fit marketing technology solutions, sometimes in line with creative and brand strategy, to clients
- Mentoring, inspiring and managing account directors, account executives and project managers to deliver world-class client services
- Efficiently managing multiple multi-channel brand/marketing projects and workflows with a global team, from project brief to final delivery
- Contributing to meetings, feedback sessions and workshops, adding creative and strategic ideas to the pot and building on them
- Helping to identify and overcome obstacles from production logistics to the creative direction or client requirements
- Acting as a source of inspiration, context and knowledge on your clients’ brands, business models and target audiences for the benefit of creative and strategic colleagues
- Being a true partner to your clients, building a trusting relationship based on productive discussions, shared interests, and mutual respect
- Facilitating the work of creative, strategic, and tech/IT/web development colleagues to deliver while learning and understanding their process, challenges, and responsibilities first-hand
- Minimum 5-8 years of digital marketing agency experience or client experience in a marketing department
- Proven ability to fully own client accounts and hit revenue targets
- Experience managing a team of direct reports
- Impeccable client relationship skills and experience working with high-touch clients
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changeable scenarios
- Proactive, multi-tasker, problem-solver who is a collaborative team player
- Immense positivity and passion
- Clear, articulate, enthusiastic presenter
- Understanding of communications/marketing strategy
- Skillful at managing up, knowing when to seek help and raise a red flag
- Detail oriented and supremely organized
- Experience working with marketing technology tools (marketing automation, CRM, content management, web analytics)
Key InfoEmployment type: Full Time Seniority Level: Marketing Location: USA
Key InfoEmployment type: Full Time Seniority Level: Marketing Location: Canada
Perks and Benefits
This is an exciting opportunity for anybody looking to advance their career as a proven Engagement or Account Director and do so in a fast-paced, hands-on environment. It’s a full-time position – currently on a work-from-home basis – with a competitive salary and paid vacation. You’ll benefit from a flexible schedule and the chance to collaborate with international colleagues and visit our international offices. You’ll also be assigned to industry-leading and innovative companies, as well helping an award-winning agency realize its lofty ambitions.
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, apply today!