Front End Web Developer
Retina is a multi-award-winning global advertising, marketing communications and technology services company — and both 2020 & 2021 ANA B2B Agency of the Year and The Drum’s 2020 Martech Agency of the Year. We provide expertise to global Fortune 500 clients in the areas of strategy, creative and content, and go-to-market/media.
We’re seeking a Front-End Web Developer to join our rapidly growing teams in either Canada, Romania, Scotland, Vienna & Austria to add to our digital, web and mobile development capabilities.
NOTE: This role may require you to work with colleagues in the EST time zone (GMT-5) and have some crossover during the week (flexible working hours).
Who we’re looking for:
- You are a team player and fierce collaborator, though can also work independently
- You are proactive and self-directed
- You maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regards to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies
- You understand major browsers and browser development tools, and are familiar with testing and debugging across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smart phones and tablets
- You have great communication skills – both written and verbal
- You are knowledgeable and experienced with web development methodologies (Agile and Waterfall)
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide accurate timing estimates on work
- Contribute to documentation (instructional, pitch and technical specification)
- Collaborate and guide other non-technical staff, particularly designers, on how they can help with the process
- Discuss technical solutions with clients and provide innovative new ideas and solutions
- Constantly seek to develop yourself by experimenting with new technologies and assess what could be useful for the team
- Conduct code reviews with fellow team members
- Consistently meet deadlines and have the ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Minimum 2-6 years’ web development experience in an agency or in-house setting
- Experience with WordPress a must, preferable to have experience with other content management systems as well (e.g., HubSpot, Adobe Experience Manager, Joomla, Drupal, Umbraco, Webflow, Contentful, ContentStack)
- Knowledge of email marketing platforms such as Marketo, Silverpop, HubSpot, Oracle Marketing Cloud (Eloqua), Salesforce Pardot
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office/Apple software (Word, PowerPoint, Keynote, Excel) and wireframing software (Figma, InVision, Sketch, Adobe XD, etc.)
- Experience working in B2B or business marketing in complex categories a plus
Key InfoEmployment type: Full Time Seniority Level: Senior Tech Location: Toronto
Key InfoEmployment type: Full Time Seniority Level: Senior Tech Location: Glasgow
Key InfoEmployment type: Full Time Seniority Level: Senior Tech Location: Romania
Key InfoEmployment type: Full Time Seniority Level: Senior Tech Location: Austria
Perks and Benefits
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary, negotiable dependent upon prior experience. It’s a full-time position with a competitive salary, paid vacation, and flexible/remote working options. You’ll have the opportunity to travel internationally as you partner with industry-leading companies while helping an innovative global organization reach its full potential.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, we want to hear from you!